Republic County was established in 1868 from part of Washington County. It is named after the Republican River which flows through the county. The county seat is Belleville, Kansas.
Republic County Attractions and Events:
- Republic County Courthouse—An Art Deco style Courthouse located in Belleville, Kansas
- Belleville Highbanks Dirt Track—Called the “World’s Fastest Half Mile Dirt Track” and home of the Belleville Midget Nationals.
- High Banks Hall of Fame and National Midget Auto Racing Museum.
- Boyer Museum—Home of a collection of amazing animated carvings.
- Downtown Walking Tour of Historic Belleville
- The Republic County Historical Society Museum
- Belleville City Lake—Also known as Rocky Pond
- Pawnee Indian Village Historic Site