Washington County was established in 1857 and is named after George Washington the first U.S. President. The county seat is Washington, Kansas.
Washington County Attractions and Events:
- Hollenberg Pony Express Station—Built in 1857 this is the only unaltered Pony Express Station that is still located in its original location. Open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday through Saturday from April to September.
- St. John’s Catholic Church—Completed in 1880 this native limestone church is the oldest Catholic Church in the Salina Diocese and features a steeple that stands 100 feet high.
- Herrs Memory Lane—F and College Street in Washington, Kansas. Herrs Memory Lane is dedicated to the preservation and heritage of vintage cars, trucks and tractors. It has over 100 vehicles on display.
- Washington County Courthouse
- WPA Limestone Building at Washington County Fairgrounds.
- 1882 Log Cabin—Located in the Washington, Kansas City Park.
- Barnes State Bank Museum—Barnes Kansas