Established in 1855, Woodson County is one of the original 36 counties of Kansas. It is named after Daniel Woodson,a five term governor of the Kansas Territory. The county seat is Yates Center, Kansas.
Woodson County Attractions and Events:
- Woodson County Historical Museum
- Woodson County Courthouse...Built in 1899-1900 it is one of 13 Kansas Courthouses designed by reknown Kansas architect George P. Washburn.
- Yates Center Courthouse Historic District
- Woodson Hotel
- Buster Keaton Museum
- St. Martin of Tours Parish Church
- Yates Center War Memorial
- Woodson State Fishing Lake and Wildlife area.